Frequently Asked Questions – Answers to your Questions about our Our Caring Team
Please find below answers to our most frequently asked questions regarding our wonderful carers, services provided, rates and minimum hours of service and more.
What qualifications do your carers have?
All of our care staff have a minimum of Certificate 3 in Aged Care or Home and Community Care or a background in Nursing. Many of our carers are retired nurses returning to the workforce with a wealth of experience, training and genuine wish to help their regular clients with their day to day tasks. All care workers are trained in Patient Moving and Handling and further training in more specialised areas such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, Personal Care and Hospice Care.
How do you find and hire your carers?
At Aquamarine Personalised Home Care we are constantly looking for the right people to join our caring team. We seek unique and genuinely caring individuals. In order to select the very best carers Aquamarine Personalised Home Care are interviewing constantly in to help us find the most professional and understanding carer for your needs. Our carers are professionals and go through a comprehensive selection process and an intensive application form is completed. All carers undergo our interview process a minimum of four background checks and must have a valid federal police check.
How does Aquamarine Personalised Home Care differ from other home care providers?
- Locally owned and operated. Aquamarine Personalised Home Care is not a franchise or a large organsition with a corporate office somewhere far away, we are a local business providing trusted home care services. The owners of the business know the local community and personally hire each staff member
- Our staff. At Aquamarine Personalised Home Care we only hire carers that we would be happy to have look after our own families.
- Trusted by clients and the community. Since 2013 Aquamarine Personalised Home Care has been a reliable source of home care. We are referred by health care professionals across Northern NSW and Southern Queensland.
- Experienced, reliable company. We employ 80 carers and have cared for over 2,500 people.
- Reliable, dependable service and support. Whether you desire a little extra help with meal preparation, light housekeeping or simply need someone to drive you to the doctor or hairdresser, our caring team will be there on time to treatr you with professionalism and genuine care.
- Personal Experience. We started this business after our experience in caring for our older family members; when hiring carers we look for individuals that have cared for older relatives and friends.
- Matching carers and clients. We get to know you and your needs and desires before a carer arrives at your door. The information we gather allows us to determine a compatible match with your carer.
- We are not an agency or a franchise. We are a family business offering personalised care and treating every client as if they were our own family.
- Our team of carers are Employees of Aquamarine Personalised Home Care, which means we deal with the administration of payroll, taxes, superannuation and provide public and employers liability insurance.
- We always have back up carers in the event a care calls in sick or is on holidays, that way you never miss a service.
- We have are available on our phone number available 24/7, so you can call us in the evenings, weekends and throughout the night in case of emergency.
- Free Assessment. To help your family better understand home care services, you can request a free, no-obligation assessment. We are here to help you stay safe and happy at home. Contact us today.
What services do you offer?
We offer a wide range of services to help our valued clients maintain their independence. From one hour up to 24 hours – seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, you can receive the services our clients find most beneficial, they include but are not limited to, light housekeeping, meal preparation, transport, care for people with disabilities, personal care, companionship, dementia care, post hospital care and a live in service.
We provide anywhere from 1 hours up to 24 hours care per day, 365 days of the year.
What happens if my regular carer is sick?
We always have carers on call ready to fill in.
How many different carers will I have?
The number of carers you or your ageing loved one will have depends on the number of hours of care required per week. We prefer to limit the number carers for clients to give the client and carer the opportunity to develop a trusted friendship and caregiving experience. Once we’ve matched up the most suitable carer. We endeavour to give you a carer who you are comfortable with and trust to help you maintain your independence and live independently in your own home.
How much will it cost?
Rates and service hours vary depending on your needs. Please contact and we will work within your budget and needs to help you stay safe at home.
Is there a start up fee?
No. Once we receive an enquiry we can provide a free no-obligation care assessment at your house or wherever it suits. This will help you understand our affordable in-home care services. When the service starts we will invoice you fortnightly.
What if I don’t like my carer?
In the unlikely event that there is a personality clash between yourself and your carer, it is important to inform our staff so that we can act immediately and look to replace the carer. We will call you regularly to ensure you are happy with your carer and ensure quality standards are being met.